hand-me-down


                                                                                              Wyatt Mills





Scents, words, a scene
My mouth is moving
the voice isn't mine
It is his
I'm not running
I'm still; flat against the earth
My ears pound 
The struggle to fade into the surrounding sand
Can't sink deep enough though... not to disappear 
Silence
Silence becomes a sentence of infinite time 
It never fucking goes away. 
Like clay, I'll reform myself into a ball, firm and smooth
My feet get so fucking weary of this same 
This road that never seems to fucking ever end 
 "Fucking" becomes the only word that I can FUCKING say 
 I've been a FUCK because I didn't think I had worth
 A garment
 A hand-me-down 
 No longer valued; worn
Those around you become facilitators 
Of self abuse
DIDN'T
you see that I was broken 
I watched as you stepped over the pieces of me 
You turned back, selfishly, to bend and take
Cast down; unwanted
No parts of me were salvageable




 










No comments:

Post a Comment